ASSURE MODEL:
Analyze learners
State objectives
Select instructional methods, media, and materials
Utilize media and materials
Require learner participation
Evaluate and revise
TECHNOLOGY INTEGRATION:
Phase 1: Determine relative advantage
Phase 2: Decide on objectives and assessments
Phase 3: Design Integration strategies
Phase 4: Prepare the Instructional environment
Phase 5: Evaluate and revise
Similarities:
Both the Assure Model and the Technology Integration have phases or steps that you should follow in order to complete lesson plans and/or problem solving. They also both give you advantages in the classrooms and utilize media as a way of conveying information to their students. Lastly, both models have evaluate and revise phases at the end to give yourself feedback.
Differences:
The Assure Model plan helps you write lesson plans with accurate objectives for the classrooms. Also, this allows from improvement in teaching and learning by the students. Whereas, the Technology Integration talks about problem solving, how to create new problems and how students would be able to fix them through technology. Technology Integration is based more on the use of technology.
My brief summary of my "Technology Integration Plan":
As a Health and Physical Education Teacher I plan on teaching at the Elementary School level. Due to the Elementary level focusing primarily on grades k-6 I would take attendance using my computer and post my grades so that parents are able to view how well their children may be doing in my class. They will also be able to see if their children come unprepared and are losing some points or if they act up in the classroom. This may result in the parents addressing the children instead of the teacher having to do the punishment. Also, I would make a blog available for communication to happen between the parents and myself. Whether there would be questions, concerns or issues they might want to address directly to myself. Lastly, I would have a webpage that I created which will have the attendance, gradebook, and blog links so parents will only have to go to one page to find everything for my Health and Physical Education class. On the webpage I could post activities coming up that I could possible use the help of parents in order to complete the activity and state the units we will be going over throughout the school year. This will allow for there to be communication between the parents and myself to happen daily.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment