Tuesday, September 2, 2008

My first blog for Instructional Media

Hello!
My name is Tia Herr and I am a junior majoring in Health and Physical Education. I recently picked up a minor in Special Education so that keeps me busy. Due to me deciding to expand my degree with my minor I had to give up playing Lacrosse for the Lady Eagles =( I grew up in Holtwood, Pa but this past summer moved to the outskirts of Lancaster, Pa. I am the youngest in my family of 5. My brother is the oldest, my sister the middle and then there is myself. We have a boxer pup named Maxine also. I enjoy spending time with my boyfriend and rarely ever do you see us apart!! Sports is my life whether I am watching it or taking part in a pick up game. I just love being outdoors!!


My experiences with technology has greatly improved as I have gotten older and also since I have been here at Lock Haven. More of the classes involve various technologies that I was never familiar with. Throughout High School, teachers are still using chalkboards or overhead projectors. Whereas, at Universities classrooms are using smart boards and the teachers send various notes or assignments via e-mail for the students to come to class prepared. High School you personally had to copy down the notes yourself. With all this technology enhancement, I believe it will eventually make the society become more aware of their surroundings and it will improve education immensely.


I believe this class will educate me more as a student myself but it also will benefit me when I become a teacher because I will be able to use the new technologies and strategies I have learned throughout this class. Also, I will be able to help other fellow faculty members. Going into the education field I believe this is a valuable class because it makes me and other teachers aware of how much society has changed and the impact it has had over everyone. We are able to see what changes will be taking part over the next several years and be able to adjust to them well. Overall, I believe this class will benefit me as a teacher greatly and I looked forward to learning new things!

No comments: